Walking is an easy way to exercise. It is something that we know how to do naturally, so it doesn’t require any practice. And it definitely doesn’t require any bulky or expensive equipment. While walking does provide many health benefits, it can also put some strain on your body, especially if you are walking around all day.
But walking can cause some strenuous issues on your body; specifically on your knees, ankles, and feet. If you do not have the proper footwear, walking all day can cause inflammation on your joints. Depending on how unsupportive your shoes are, your ankles could swell or you could get blisters on your feet. To avoid injuries you need to know the difference in walking shoes. Plus, you need to find the shoe that is best for your walking routine and pattern.
Finding the best walking shoe is important for someone who walks all day long. There are many things to put into consideration before purchasing a pair of walking shoes to help prevent injury. Since not everyone has the same feet, walking shoes are all made differently. So you have to find the one that fits you best. You want to find a pair of walking shoes that provide proper support, some flexibility, and soft cushioning.
- Motion Control shoes: These shoes are mostly worn by people who have flat feet. These shoes are durable and have a thick heel that gives the sensation of walking uphill. The uphill positioning of your feet in these shoes help strengthen your leg muscles.
- Lightweight Shoes for Neutral Feet: This type of shoe is incredibly flexible and lightweight. Their flexibility makes it easier to control your speed and performance. But these shoes are not ideal for heavy footed walkers.
- Cushioned Shoes: Cushioned shoes have soft midsoles with support and flexibility. The cushions in these shoes provide extra support and are best for people with high arches in their feet.
- Stability Shoes: These shoes have more flexibility and support than the other types of shoes listed. They also have a thick sole that makes it feel like you are walking uphill with every step. Stability shoes are best for anyone who does not have severe motion control problems.
While there are many different kinds of walking shoes, it can be a little overwhelming to determine which ones are the best. We have helped narrow down the search and provided a couple reviews of the top walking shoes that are currently on the market.
Best Shoes for Walking All Day
1. Skechers Performance Men's Go Walk 3 Leathertex Suitable Walking Shoe
Skechers is known for having the best athletic walking shoes on the market, and the Go Walt 3-LT is a great example of their top shoes. This shoe is a comfortable walking shoe with no laces; instead these shoes slip on with ease. They provide the needed support you need for walking. They also have plenty of cushioning and are incredibly lightweight. The Go Walk is one of the best walking shoes currently on the market and comes in a variety of colors; black, charcoal, white and navy, and chocolate brown.
2. New Balance Men's MW928 Walking Shoe
This New Balance shoe has a few unique features that not many walking shoes have at all. They have a Rollbar for added foot stability and a Strike Path outsole for durability. These shoes have extra cushioning from their ABZORB cushioning technology which helps absorb the weight of every step. And, unlike any other shoes, New Balance has a Phatom Line Odor Control to help fight off any odor causing bacteria that can form in your shoes. These New Balance shoes provide everything that is needed to be in the top list of best walking shoes and they come in four colors; black, brown, white, and grey.
3. Skechers Performance Men's Go Walk 2 Flash Walking Shoe
Another Skechers shoe, the Go Walk 2 Flash shoes are made with comfort in mind. These shoes have goga mat comfort, which is basically like a little yoga mat built into your shoes to provide comfort for the soles of your feet. Another factor put into these walking shoes when they were built was the traction; the technology put into the traction is called Goga pillars. They pillars are multi directional lugs that help keep you balanced and have good traction when walking on slippery surfaces. Lastly, the sole of this shoe was built with durability and is guaranteed to last for a long time.
4. Asics Men's GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 Walking Shoe
If you need a shoe that specifically helps with bunions, this is the one for you. There is a special medial side bunion window to provide more comfort and a better fit. Also, when discussing comfort with this shoe, they are filled with a generous amount of gel to help support the foot nicely. These shoes fit tightly and provide a lot of durability when walking in all day long. Even though these shoes only come in two colors, black and white, they are the best walking shoes for their value.
5. New Balance Men's MW877 Walking Shoe
The New Balance MW877 Walking Shoe is a very fashionable shoe that is made out of a suede mesh. This mesh provides the shoes with an increased amount of breathability. They are also water resistant and fight off odors. Their narrow profile and high arch support makes these shoes best for people with bigger feet. As well as comfort and breathability, these shoes are very durable and resilient.
Overall, it is difficult to pinpoint the best shoe for walking since everyone has different feet and a different gait. But to narrow it down, the most versatile shoe on this list is the Skechers Go Walk 3-LT. With great comfort and durability these shoes are built to last a long time.